FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions below.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Cherry Creek Barbershop & Salon is located inside of Indie Salons at 44 Cook St. Ste. 200, Studio #27, Denver, CO 80206. Once you enter the building you will take the elevator up to the second floor where you will find Indie Salons at Suite 200. Once you enter Suite 200 you will take a left to find Cherry Creek Barbershop & Salon at Studio #27 in the South West corner of the building.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
STREET PARKING: Street parking is free for 2 hours. You will find the entrance on the West side of the building at the top of the stairs at 44 Cook St (1st Avenue Plaza at Cherry Creek) . Once you enter the building you will take the elevator up to the second floor.
UNDERGROUND PARKING: You will find the underground parking garage on the South side of the building on E. Ellsworth Ave. Enter the 44 Cook St. (1st Avenue Plaza at Cherry Creek) garage. Underground parking is free for all clients on P1 and P2 in the designated "Visitor" parking spaces. You are also allowed to park in the "Reserved" spaces, as long as they are not reserved for a specific business. The garage is monitored by security. Once you enter the building you will take the elevator up to the second floor.
ARE YOU ACCEPTING WALK-INS?
No, we do not accept walk-ins.
Cherry Creek Barbershop & Salon welcomes clients by appointment only.
HOW DO I GET ON YOUR WAITLIST?
If you would like to be added to our waiting list follow the steps below:
-Click "BOOK NOW" anywhere on our website.
-Check the box next to the service(s) that you would like to receive.
-At the bottom of the page you will see "Don't see your preferred date or time? Join Waitlist"
-Click "Join Waitlist".
-Fill out all of the required fields, then, click "Join Waitlist".
-We will add your information to our waitlist and reach out to you directly if anything opens up within your desired time frame.
HOW CAN I CONTACT MY STYLIST?
Call or text (303) 900-5669, or email email@example.com for all salon and barber service inquiries.
We respond to all client communications during normal business hours.
All of our appointments include a consultation
HOW ARE YOUR APPOINTMENTS SET UP?
All of our appointments include a consultation, the service, and time for stylists to sanitize between appointments.
The first ten minutes of the appointment is reserved for the consultation, shampoo and/or the grace period.
The last ten minutes of the appointment is reserved for the stylist to properly sanitize between appointments.
All of the time in between is reserved for your service.
WHEN ARE YOU OPEN?
Cherry Creek Barbershop & Salon is open Monday-Friday by appointment only.
All of our scheduling is done online, where you can view our current availability, detailed service menu, and schedule appointments up to 90 days in advance.
HOW DO I MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO MY APPOINTMENT?
You can make adjustments to your appointment, up to 48 hours prior to the start time of your appointment, by clicking on the link in the confirmation text and email sent by Square 72 hours prior to the appointment. If you need to make adjustments to the appointment within 48 hours of the appointment send a text to (303) 900-5669.
WHY DO YOU CHARGE A BOOKING FEE?
The booking fee helps to cover overhead costs associated with the hour(s) reserved (e.g. rent, taxes, credit card fees, text and email communications, insurance coverage, supplies used to prepare for the appointment, products, etc.).
WHAT IS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR?
Independent contractors provide goods or services according to the terms of a contract they have negotiated with an employer. Independent contractors are not employees. A salon may hire a stylist as an independent contractor. Cosmetologists and barbers who choose to work as independent contractors are responsible for paying for their own overhead costs associated with their business, making their own hours, and managing their own appointments.
All of the stylists at Cherry Creek Barbershop & Salon are Independent Contractors.
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU CARRY?
All of the products offered at Cherry Creek Barbershop & Salon are Cruelty-Free, with Vegan-Friendly options. We carry Leaf + Flower, K18, Ethica Beauty, Highland Style Co., Hank Skincare, and Original & Mineral.
SHOULD I CHOOSE THE "SHORT HAIRCUT" OR THE "LONG HAIRCUT"?
All of our haircuts are based on the current length of your hair.
Choose the "Short Haircut" if your hair is currently shorter than your chin, and if it has been less than three months (90 days) since you have received a haircut.
Choose either the "Long Haircut", "Stylist's Choice" (at Cherry Creek Salon), or "The Executive: Barber's Choice" (at Cherry Creek Barbershop) if your hair is currently longer than your chin, if it has been three months (90 days) or longer since you have received a haircut, or if you are unsure of what style you would like to receive.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COSMETOLOGIST AND A BARBER?
The biggest difference is that barbering is strictly focused on hair, whereas cosmetology focuses on hair, skin, nails and more. Barbers can provide straight razor shaves on the face, while Cosmetologists can perform skincare and waxing services. They are both trained in haircutting, hair coloring and proper sanitation.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIGHLIGHTS AND A BALAYAGE?
The biggest difference between a balayage and highlights is that a balayage is hand painted onto the hair in strategic patterns to create a natural, sunkissed look; whereas highlights are applied to hair that is sectioned using weaving and slicing techniques before being placed into foils to promote maximum lift, creating a much brighter tone throughout the hair. A Foilyage is a combination of a balayage and highlights.
WHAT IS SALON SCALE?
Cherry Creek Salon uses Salon Scale, a revolutionary salon software that helps to minimize product waste, tracks the exact amount of color being used in real-time, and keeps a record of every color and perm formula. This gives our stylist the ability to perfect your color and/or perm formula at every appointment.
Salon Scale allows the stylist to charge their hourly rate, without the cost of color, foils, gloves, developer, and perm solution being deducted from their hourly commission.
Color & Perm services are $100 per hour, plus the cost of color, perm solution, and supplies used during the service.
WHAT IF I JUST WANT A BEARD TRIM?
Schedule the "Beard | Shape & Shave", even if you only want a beard trim. The straight razor line-up is an optional part of the service.
The price remains the same with or without the straight razor line-up.
WHAT IF I DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE A SHAMPOO WITH MY STYLE?
Shampoos are an optional part of the style, as long as you arrive with clean hair that has been washed the same day as your appointment.
The price remains the same with or without the shampoo.
WHAT IF I DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE A BLOW DRY STYLE WITH MY STYLE?
The blow dry style is an optional part of every service.
We encourage our guests to receive a blow dry style with every haircut.
The price remains the same with or without the blow dry style.
DO YOU DO KID'S HAIRCUTS?
Yes, we do kid's haircuts (Ages 2-17).
You will choose between either the "Short Haircut", or the "Long Haircut", depending on the current length of the kid's hair.
All of our haircuts are based on the current length of your hair.
Choose the "Short Haircut" if the kid's hair is currently shorter than their chin, if they would like a clipper haircut, and if it has been less than three months (90 days) since they have received a haircut.
Choose either the "Long Haircut" or the "The Executive: Barber's Choice" if their hair is currently longer than their chin, if they would like a scissor haircut, if it has been three months (90 days) or longer since they have received a haircut, or if they are unsure of what style they would like to receive.
We do not offer special pricing for children.
DO YOU PERFORM WAXING SERVICES?
Cherry Creek Barbershop & Salon does not offer any waxing services.
WHY ARE YOU SO EXPENSIVE?
I have received a lot of inquiries about my most recent price increase on January 1, 2023.
So, I feel like it is important to be transparent with my reasoning to increase my prices.
My current rate will not be affected!
This will be my last post regarding price increases.
Moving forward you will be able to view my current prices on my website, under the Service Menu, or on my booking link, under "BOOK NOW".
WHY OUR SERVICES ARE "SO EXPENSIVE":
1) Your hairstylist, Heather Sherman, has over 15 years of experience in the beauty and wellness industry, with over 10 years focused specifically on advanced training.
2) Heather is dedicated to continuing education. She has three trade degrees, plus a college education. Heather is dual licensed as a Barber and a Cosmetologist. Her college background is in Business Management and Marketing. Her third trade degree is in finance. She continues her education in the beauty industry by attending a minimum of 5 advanced training classes annually, to stay up to date with the latest fashion trends.
3) Cherry Creek Barbershop and Cherry Creek Salon provide private appointments for all of our guests. At Cherry Creek Barbershop and Cherry Creek Salon, we never double book our clients! This means that your stylist is giving 100% of their attention to your service 100% of the time. Your stylist will never be distracted with other clients processing color, shampoo, blow-dry, or walk-in customers interrupting your service because we never double book our clients. When you sit down with us, we pamper you the way that you deserve to be pampered.
4) We provide the highest quality products on the market, and ensure that everything that we offer is 100% Cruelty-Free. We also have vegan-friendly options. (Salon quality products have increased in price by 15%-300% over the past 3 years, depending on the brand).
5) We are located in the heart of Cherry Creek. The rent is expensive here, but we love our space and our name so we plan on staying. ($780/WEEK for our 160 sq. ft. studio).
6) The $100/HR. rate does not simply go towards paying the stylist for her hard work. Since Heather is the single-member for three LLCs, most of the money that she earns goes towards keeping the business alive ((e.g. taxes, rent, liability insurance, licensing, credit card processing fees, square appointment center, WIX websites, sideline phone service, advertising, restocking inventory (shampoo, conditioner, straight razors, Barbicide, cool care spray, disinfectant spray, clipper grease, clipper oil, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, styling products, paper towels, distilled water, lather, Sanek strips, cleaning supplies, masks, developer, Kleenex, tip envelopes, client cards, shear sharpening, guards, business cards, drinks, shears, clippers, feather razors, snacks, etc.))
7) We are actually right on target with our surrounding market. Most of the barbershops in Denver charge $50 for a 30 minute appointment. We charge $100 for an hour-long appointment ($200 for 2 hrs., etc.). Having the additional time to create a style for the individual in our chair is crucial, because we like to pamper our customers and make sure that their style is exactly what they are looking for. Every haircut includes a 10 minute introductory period for the consultation, a shampoo, and a scalp massage (this time can also be used as the grace period if you’re running late), the last 10 minutes of every appointment is reserved for proper sanitation. Most of the salons that book 30 minute appointments, are scheduled back to back, meaning that the stylists are either lacking in their sanitation practices, or lacking in their ability to cut your hair with precision. We make sure that all of our clients are scheduled for an adequate amount of time to achieve their desired style.
8) We want to expand our team over the next 5 years, to be able to offer more availability and creativity to our clients. When we hire the next stylist, at the absolute least, we will be required to pay their minimum wage of $17.29 (Denver's Minimum Wage), plus the taxes required to hire them. This will only be possible with the continued support of all of our customers at the new rate. A lot of salons do not pay their staff appropriately, but we want to break that cycle and do what is right for our future employees.
9) Overall, the price is based on the experience of your stylist, the cost of doing business, and the location.
Cherry Creek Salon, Cherry Creek Barbershop and Roots appreciates your continued support.
HOW DID YOU START?
After many years of working in the beauty industry Heather Sherman decided to start her own business as a booth renter in 2016, where she was able to continue building her clientele and lay the foundation for Cherry Creek Barbershop. In 2017 Heather moved into a salon in Cherry Creek North where she was able to open up the first barbershop in Cherry Creek, Cherry Creek Barbershop. Cherry Creek Barbershop flourished for three years. Then, an unexpected turn of events happened in May of 2020 when the Covid-19 pandemic forced salons to close their doors for a little over two months. During this time the owner of the building that Cherry Creek Barbershop was renting space in decided to sell the building to a dispensary. When salons were able to re-open Heather teamed up with local barbershops where she was able to advance her skills, as well as share her knowledge and experience in cosmetology, barbering, sales and marketing. During this time Heather kept the website for Cherry Creek Barbershop active to help attract new clients to the new businesses. It was a great experience to be a part of the start-up process and to watch these businesses grow. But, after every accomplishment Heather would feel the pull to continue building Cherry Creek Barbershop. After some encouragement from co-workers and family members, Heather decided to take the leap again in April of 2021 and moved into a shared suite at Sola Salons. It was at this time that Heather decided to re-open Cherry Creek Barbershop. She also decided to open Cherry Creek Barbershop's sister company, Cherry Creek Salon, to welcome a more diverse client base to match her dual licensing as a cosmetologist and a barber. She moved into a brand new corner office in August of 2022. The new space is located in the heart of Cherry Creek and offers free parking with private bookings in a double studio with large windows overlooking the Cherry Creek Mall and parts of the Rocky Mountains. Heather is in the process of making her dreams come true as she continues to pursue her passion of creating unique haircut and color transformations for individuals from all walks of life.